- •It is an international study with large cohort of patients with sarcoidosis.
- •Organ involvement and treatment differed according to race, sex, and age.
- •Black and female individuals were more likely to have multiple organ involvement.
- •Age at diagnosis<45, Black patients and multiple organ involvement were independent predictors of treatment.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Joint statement of the American thoracic society (ATS), the European respiratory society (ERS) and the world association of sarcoidosis and other granulomatous disorders (WASOG) adopted by the ATS board of directors and by the ERS executive committee.Am. J. Respir. Crit. Care Med. 1999; 160: 736-755
- Sarcoidosis. Lancet. 2014; 383: 1155-1167
- Racial and ethnic disparities in sarcoidosis: from genetics to socioeconomics.Clin. Chest Med. 2006; 27: 453-462
- Clinical characteristics of patients in a case control study of sarcoidosis.Am. J. Respir. Crit. Care Med. 2001; 164: 1885-1889
- The clinical course of sarcoidosis: presentation, diagnosis, and treatment in a large white and black cohort in the United States.Sarcoidosis Vasc. Diffuse Lung Dis. 2012; 29: 119-127
- Sarcoidosis in black women in the United States: data from the black women's Health study.Chest. 2011; 139: 144-150
- Defining organ involvement in sarcoidosis: the ACCESS proposed instrument. ACCESS research group. A case control etiologic study of sarcoidosis.Sarcoidosis Vasc. Diffuse Lung Dis. 1999; 16: 75-86
- The WASOG Sarcoidosis Organ Assessment Instrument: an update of a previous clinical tool.Sarcoidosis Vasc. Diffuse Lung Dis. 2014; 31: 19-27
- Symposium: population differences in clinical features and prognosis of sarcoidosis throughout the world.Sarcoidosis. 1992; 9: S105-S118
- Course and prognosis of sarcoidosis around the world.Am. J. Med. 1974; 57: 847-852
- Research electronic data capture (REDCap)–a metadata-driven methodology and workflow process for providing translational research informatics support.J. Biomed. Inf. 2009; 42: 377-381
- Sarcoidosis incidence and prevalence: a nationwide register-based assessment in Sweden.Eur. Respir. J. 2016; 48: 1690-1699
- Sarcoidosis in America. Analysis based on Health care use.Ann Am Thorac Soc. 2016; 13: 1244-1252
- Epidemiology of sarcoidosis recorded in 2006-2010 in the Silesian voivodeship on the basis of routine medical reporting.Ann. Agric. Environ. Med. 2014; 21: 55-58
- Clinical characteristics of ocular sarcoidosis: a population-based study 1976-2013.Ocul. Immunol. Inflamm. 2019; 27: 389-395
- Clinical characteristics of sarcoidosis patients in the United States versus China.Sarcoidosis Vasc. Diffuse Lung Dis. 2017; 34: 209-216
- Sarcoidosis in the national veteran population: association of ocular inflammation and mortality.Ophthalmology. 2015; 122: 934-938
- Clinical features of extrapulmonary sarcoidosis without lung involvement.Chest. 2018; 154: 349-356
- Epidemiology of sarcoidosis in Japan.Eur. Respir. J. 2008; 31: 372-379
- Cutaneous involvement in sarcoidosis: analysis of the features in 170 patients.Respir. Med. 2003; 97: 978-982
- Cardiac sarcoidosis: is it more common in men?.Lung. 2016; 194: 61-66
- Ocular sarcoidosis.Semin. Respir. Crit. Care Med. 2010; 31: 452-462
- Sarcoidosis: social predictors of severity at presentation.Eur. Respir. J. 2004; 24: 601-608
- An approach to the treatment of pulmonary sarcoidosis with corticosteroids: the six phases of treatment.Chest. 1999; 115: 1158-1165
- Pulmonary sarcoidosis and corticosteroids.Am. Rev. Respir. Dis. 1993; 147: 1598-1600
- Presenting characteristics as predictors of duration of treatment in sarcoidosis.QJM. 2006; 99: 307-315
- Delphi consensus recommendations for a treatment algorithm in pulmonary sarcoidosis.Eur. Respir. Rev. 2020; 29
- Corticosteroids for pulmonary sarcoidosis.Cochrane Database Syst. Rev. 2005; (p. CD001114)
- Methotrexate is steroid sparing in acute sarcoidosis: results of a double blind, randomized trial.Sarcoidosis Vasc. Diffuse Lung Dis. 2000; 17: 60-66
- Methotrexate vs azathioprine in second-line therapy of sarcoidosis.Chest. 2013; 144: 805-812
- Successful treatment of sarcoidosis with leflunomide.Rheumatology. 2003; 42: 700-702
- Multinational evidence-based World Association of Sarcoidosis and Other Granulomatous Disorders recommendations for the use of methotrexate in sarcoidosis: integrating systematic literature research and expert opinion of sarcoidologists worldwide.Curr. Opin. Pulm. Med. 2013; 19: 545-561
- Methotrexate in sarcoidosis: hematologic and hepatic toxicity encountered in a large cohort over a six year period.Sarcoidosis Vasc. Diffuse Lung Dis. 2020; 37: c2020001
- Prolonged use of methotrexate for sarcoidosis.Arch. Intern. Med. 1995; 155: 846-851
- Efficacy of infliximab in extrapulmonary sarcoidosis: results from a randomised trial.Eur. Respir. J. 2008; 31: 1189-1196
- Efficacy of adalimumab in chronically active and symptomatic patients with sarcoidosis.Am. J. Respir. Crit. Care Med. 2011; 184: 1214-1216
- Repository corticotropin for chronic pulmonary sarcoidosis.Lung. 2017; 195: 313-322