- •Most patients with sarcoidosis (~2/3) complete eye examinations around the time of diagnosis, though many do not.
- •Access to regional ophthalmologists may impact local eye screening rates in sarcoidosis.
- •Sex, age, and immigration status are important factors associated with ophthalmologic screening.
Abbreviations:ICD-9/10 (International Classification of Diseases, Ninth/Tenth Revision codes), OHIP (Ontario Health Insurance Plan)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Sarcoidosis and uveitis.Autoimmun. Rev. 2014; 13: 840-849
- Diagnosis and detection of sarcoidosis. An official American Thoracic Society clinical practice guideline.Am. J. Respir. Crit. Care Med. 2020; 201: e26
- Ocular sarcoidosis: clinical experience and recent pathogenetic and therapeutic advancements.Int. Ophthalmol. 2020; 40: 3453-3467
- The eye as a common site for the early clinical manifestation of sarcoidosis.Ophthalmic Res. 2011; 46: 9-12
- Ocular disease awareness and pattern of ocular manifestation in patients with biopsy-proven lung sarcoidosis.J Ophthalmic Inflamm Infect. 2011; 1: 141-145
- Revised criteria of international workshop on ocular sarcoidosis (IWOS) for the diagnosis of ocular sarcoidosis.Br. J. Ophthalmol. 2019; 103: 1418-1422
https://www.ontario.ca/page/what-ohip-covers. (Feb 28 2021).
- Epidemiology and health outcomes in sarcoidsois in a universal health care population: a cohort study.Eur. Respir. J. 2019; 54: 1900444
- Statement on sarcoidosis, joint statement of the American thoracic society (ATS), the European respiratory society (ERS) and the world association of sarcoidosis and other granulomatous disorders (WASOG) adopted by the ATS board of directors and by the ERS executive committee.Am. J. Respir. Crit. Care Med. 1999; 160 (February 1999): 736-755
- Using standardized difference to compare the prevalence of a binary variable between two groups in observational research.Commun. Stat. Simulat. Comput. 2009; 38: 1228-1234
- Eye care utilization in Canada: disparity in the publicly funded health care system.Can. J. Ophthalmol. 2011; 46: 133-138
- Eye care utilization and its determinants in Canada.Can. J. Ophthalmol. 2018; 53: 298-304
- Clinical phenotyping: role in treatment decisions in sarcoidosis.Eur. Respir. Rev. 2020; 29: 190145
- Risk factors for ocular sarcoidosis.Doc. Ophthalmol. 1989; 72: 287-296
- Young adults' health care utilization and expenditures prior to the affordable care act.J. Adolesc. Health. 2014; 54: 663-671
- The influence of diagnostic access bias on the epidemiology of sarcoidosis: a population-based study in Rochester, Minnestora, 1935-1984.J. Clin. Epidemiol. 1988; 41: 565-570
- Some issues associated with migration, health status and the use of health services.J. Chron. Dis. 1975; 28 (579-572)
- Income and other contributors to poor outcomes in U.S. patients with sarcoidosis.Am. J. Respir. Crit. Care Med. 2020; 201: 955-964
- Quality of life in sarcoidosis: comparing the impact of ocular and non-ocular involvement of disease.Opthalmic Epidemiol. 2010; 17: 217-224
- Socioeconomic status influences care of patients with acne in Ontario, Canada.J. Am. Acad. Dermatol. 2006; 54: 331-335
- Central LHIN health service needs assessment and gap analysis.www.centrallhin.on.caDate: 2008Date accessed: October 25, 2020
- Quality Ontario.https://www.hqontario.ca/System-Performance/Wait-Times-for-Surgeries-and-Procedures/Wait-Times-for-Eye-Surgeries-including-Cataract-Surgery/Time-to-Patients-First-Eye-Specialist-Appointment?utm_source=Ontario.ca&utm_medium=Referral&utm_campaign=WT%20ReferralDate accessed: October 25, 2020
- Sarcoidosis incidence and prevalence: a nationwide register-based assessment in Sweden.Eur. Respir. J. 2016; 48: 1690-1699
- Differences in clinical findings between Caucasians and African American with biopsy-proven sarcoidosis.Ophthalmology. 2007; 114: 325-333