- •Effects of pulmonary rehabilitation in COPD under inhaled triple therapy (TT) as compared to individuals not using TT are unclear.
- •Significant post program improvements in 6MWT were found in both groups.
- •Effect size and % of individuals reaching the MCID of 6MWT were higher in TT group.
- •Independent predictors for MCID of 6MWT were hospital provenience, TT use, and high eosinophils count.
Background and aim
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- 2021 Global strategy for prevention, diagnosis, and management of COPD.http://goldcopd.org/gold-reports/Date accessed: April 19, 2022
- Triple inhaled therapy at two glucocorticoid doses in moderate-to-very-severe COPD.N. Engl. J. Med. 2020; 383: 35-48https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa1916046
- Trends and characteristics of global initiative for chronic obstructive lung disease guidelines-discordant prescribing of triple therapy among patients with COPD.Chronic Obstr Pulm Dis. 2022; 9 (PMID: 35157792): 135-153https://doi.org/10.15326/jcopdf.2021.0256
- The impact of exercise training on fatigue in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Pulmonology. 2020; 26: 304-313https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pulmoe.2020.02.004
- Aerobic exercise training in very severe COPD: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Am. J. Phys. Med. Rehabil. 2017; 96: 541-548https://doi.org/10.1097/PHM.0000000000000667
- Defining modern pulmonary rehabilitation. An official American thoracic society workshop report.Ann Am Thorac Soc. 2021; 18: e12-e29https://doi.org/10.1513/AnnalsATS.202102-146ST
- Inhaled triple therapy in individuals with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and indications of pulmonary rehabilitation.Eur. J. Intern. Med. 2022; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejim.2022.08.011
- Physiological and clinical characteristics of patients with COPD admitted to an inpatient pulmonary rehabilitation program: a real-life study.Pulmonology. 2019; 25: 71-78https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pulmoe.2018.07.001
- Cumulative illness rating scale.J. Am. Geriatr. Soc. 1968; 16: 622-626
- What is a COPD exacerbation? Current definitions, pitfalls, 8 challenges and opportunities for improvement.Eur. Respir. J. 2018; 521801261https://doi.org/10.1183/13993003.01261-2018
- Standardisation of spirometry.Eur. Respir. J. 2005; 26: 319-338https://doi.org/10.1183/09031936.05.00034805
- ERS Global Lung Function Initiative. Multi-ethnic reference values for spirometry for the 3-95-yr age range: the global lung function 2012 equations.Eur. Respir. J. 2012; 40: 1324-1343https://doi.org/10.1183/09031936.00080312
- An official European Respiratory Society/American Thoracic Society technical standard: field walking tests in chronic respiratory disease.Eur. Respir. J. 2014; 44: 1428-1446https://doi.org/10.1183/09031936.00150314
- Reference equations for the six-minute walk in healthy adults.Am. J. Respir. Crit. Care Med. 1998; 158: 1384-1387https://doi.org/10.1164/ajrccm.158.5.9710086
- Standardised questionnaire on respiratory symptoms: a statement prepared and approved by the MRC Committee on the aetiology of chronic bronchitis (MRC breathlessness score).Br. Med. J. 1960; 2: 1665
- Power of outcome measurements to detect clinically significant changes in pulmonary rehabilitation of patients with COPD.Chest. 2002; 121: 1092-1098https://doi.org/10.1378/chest.121.4.1092
- Development and first validation of the COPD assessment test.Eur. Respir. J. 2009; 34: 648-654https://doi.org/10.1183/09031936.00102509
- Minimum clinically important difference for the COPD Assessment Test: a prospective analysis.Lancet Respir. Med. 2014; 2: 195-203https://doi.org/10.1016/S2213-2600(14)70001-3
- Intensity of training and physiologic adaptation in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.Am. J. Respir. Crit. Care Med. 1997; 155: 555-561https://doi.org/10.1164/ajrccm.155.2.9032194
- Relationship between field walking tests and incremental cycle ergometry in COPD.Respirology. 2008; 13: 856-862https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1440-1843.2008.01355.x
- Therapist driven rehabilitation protocol for patients with chronic heart and lung diseases: a real-life study.Int. J. Environ. Res. Publ. Health. 2020; 17: 1016https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph17031016
- Triple versus LAMA/LABA combination therapy for patients with COPD: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Respir. Res. 2021; 22: 183https://doi.org/10.1186/s12931-021-01777-x
- Efficacy of ICS versus Non-ICS combination therapy in COPD: a Meta-Analysis of randomised controlled trials.Int. J. Chronic Obstr. Pulm. Dis. 2022; 17: 1051-1067https://doi.org/10.2147/COPD.S347588
- Triple therapy versus dual or monotherapy with long-acting bronchodilators for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. A systematic review and meta-analysis.Ann Am Thorac Soc. 2020; 17: 1308-1318https://doi.org/10.1513/AnnalsATS.202001-023OC
- Pharmacologic management of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. An official American thoracic society clinical practice guideline.Am. J. Respir. Crit. Care Med. 2020; 201: e56-e69https://doi.org/10.1164/rccm.202003-0625ST
- Long-term effectiveness of pulmonary rehabilitation in patients with chronic airway obstruction.Eur. Respir. J. 1999; 13: 125-132https://doi.org/10.1183/09031936.99.13112599
- Determinants of success.Eur. Respir. J. 2011; 38: 1215-1218https://doi.org/10.1183/09031936.00088611
- Dynamic hyperinflation and exercise intolerance in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.Am. J. Respir. Crit. Care Med. 2001; 164: 770-777https://doi.org/10.1164/ajrccm.164.5.2012122
- A randomized, crossover, placebo controlled, double-blind trial of the effects of tiotropium-olodaterol on neuromuscular performance during exercise in COPD.J. Appl. Physiol. 2022; 132 (1985): 1145-1153https://doi.org/10.1152/japplphysiol.00332.2021
- Blood eosinophil count as a prognostic biomarker in COPD.Int. J. Chronic Obstr. Pulm. Dis. 2018; 13: 3589-3596https://doi.org/10.2147/COPD.S179734
- Higher COPD assessment test score associated with greater exacerbations risk: a post Hoc analysis of the impact trial.Chronic Obstr Pulm Dis. 2022; 9: 68-79https://doi.org/10.15326/jcopdf.2021.0259