- •Are controlled cycles common during spontaneous timed ventilation, and what do they depend on?
- •Controlled cycles are common in spontaneous-timed ventilation and do not change over the adaptation period. The level of assistance and the patient's own ventilatory pattern are associated with this phenomenon that does not seem to have a deleterious effect.
- •These results should be taken into account when titrating ventilator parameters or selecting a more appropriate ventilation mode.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Definition, discrimination, diagnosis and treatment of central breathing disturbances during sleep.Eur. Respir. J. 2017; Jan 1; 49https://doi.org/10.1183/13993003.00959-2016
- Nocturnal monitoring of home non-invasive ventilation: the contribution of simple tools such as pulse oximetry, capnography, built-in ventilator software and autonomic markers of sleep fragmentation.Thorax. 2011; 66: 438-445
- Ventilator modes and settings during non-invasive ventilation: effects on respiratory events and implications for their identification.Thorax. 2011; 66: 170-178
- The injurious effects of elevated or nonelevated respiratory rate during mechanical ventilation.Am. J. Respir. Crit. Care Med. 2019; 199: 149-157
- Evaluation and management of obesity hypoventilation syndrome an official American Thoracic Society clinical practice guideline.Am. J. Respir. Crit. Care Med. 2019; Aug 1; 200: E6-E24
- European Respiratory Society guidelines on long-term home non-invasive ventilation for management of COPD.Eur. Respir. J. 2019. Sep 28; 541901003https://doi.org/10.1183/13993003.01003-2019
- Long-term noninvasive ventilation in chronic stable hypercapnic chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: an official american thoracic society clinical practice guideline.Am. J. Respir. Crit. Care Med. 2020; 202: E74-E87https://doi.org/10.1164/rccm.202006-2382ST
- Best clinical practices for the sleep center adjustment of noninvasive positive pressure ventilation (NPPV) in stable chronic alveolar hypoventilation syndromes.J. Clin. Sleep Med. 2010; 6: 491-509
- Ambulatory adaptation to noninvasive ventilation in restrictive pulmonary disease:A randomized trial with cost assessment.Respir. Med. 2014; 1081014e1022
- Mechanisms of improvement of respiratory failure in patients with restrictive thoracic disease treated with non-invasive ventilation.Thorax. 2005; 60: 754-760
- Proposal for a systematic analysis of polygraphy or polysomnography for identifying and scoring abnormal events occurring during non-invasive ventilation.Thorax. 2012; 67: 546-552
- Framework for patient-ventilator asynchrony during long-term non-invasive ventilation.Thorax. 2019; 74: 715-717
- Patterns of home mechanical ventilation use in Europe: results from the Eurovent survey.Eur. Respir. J. 2005; 25: 1025-1031
- A European survey of noninvasive ventilation practices.Eur. Respir. J. 2010; 36: 362-369
- Home mechanical ventilation practices in Spain and Portugal.Open Respir. Arch. 2021; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.opresp.2021.100116
- Impact of different backup respiratory rates on the efficacy of noninvasive positive pressure ventilation in obesity hypoventilation syndrome: a randomized trial.Chest. 2013; 143: 37-46
- High pressure versus high intensity noninvasive ventilation in stable hypercapnic chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: a randomized crossover trial.Int. J. COPD. 2012; 7: 811-818
- The effect of back-up rate during non-invasive ventilation in young patients with cystic fibrosis.Intensive Care Med. 2004; 30: 673-681
- Randomized trial of “intelligent” autotitrating ventilation versus standard pressure support non-invasive ventilation: impact on adherence and physiological outcomes.Respirology. 2014; 19: 596-603
- Initiation of noninvasive ventilation for sleep related hypoventilation disorders: advanced modes and devices.Chest. 2018; 153: 251-265
- Parasternal electromyography to determine the relationship between patient-ventilator asynchrony and nocturnal gas exchange during home mechanical ventilation set-up.Thorax. 2015; 70: 946-952
- Respiratory pattern and tidal volumes differ for pressure support and volume-assured pressure support in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.Ann. Am. Thorac. Soc. 2017; 14: 1139-1146
- Parameters recorded by software of non-invasive ventilators predict copd exacerbation: a proof-ofconcept study.Thorax. 2015; 70: 284-285
- Respiratory patterns during sleep in obesity-hypoventilation patients treated with nocturnal pressure support: a preliminary report.Chest. 2007; 131: 1090-1099
- Physiologic effects of noninvasive ventilation.Respir. Care. 2019; 64: 617-628
- Applied PEEP reduces the inspiratory load of intrinsic PEEP during pressure support.Chest. 1997; 111: 188-193