- •Two spirometry early COPD criteria were associated with different clinical features.
- •Asthma history and early COPD with low FEV1/FVC and rapid FEV1 decline.
- •BMI change/low exercise and early COPD with normal FEV1/FVC and rapid FEV1 decline.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Small airways disease in mild and moderate chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: a cross-sectional study.Lancet Respir. Med. 2018; 6: 591-602https://doi.org/10.1016/s2213-2600(18)30196-6
- Lung function decline in COPD.Int. J. Chronic Obstr. Pulm. Dis. 2012; 7: 95-99https://doi.org/10.2147/copd.S27480
- Does the respiratory system limit exercise in mild chronic obstructive pulmonary disease?.Am. J. Respir. Crit. Care Med. 2013; 187: 1315-1323https://doi.org/10.1164/rccm.201211-1970OC
- Tiotropium in early-stage chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.N. Engl. J. Med. 2017; 377: 923-935https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa1700228
- At the root: defining and halting progression of early chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.Am. J. Respir. Crit. Care Med. 2018; 197: 1540-1551https://doi.org/10.1164/rccm.201710-2028PP
- Lung-function trajectories leading to chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.N. Engl. J. Med. 2015; 373: 111-122https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa1411532
- Changes in forced expiratory volume in 1 second over time in COPD.N. Engl. J. Med. 2011; 365: 1184-1192https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa1105482
- COPDGene Investigators, Childhood-onset asthma in smokers. association between CT measures of airway size, lung function, and chronic airflow obstruction.Ann. Am. Thorac. Soc. 2014; 11: 1371-1378https://doi.org/10.1513/AnnalsATS.201403-095OC
- Childhood predictors of lung function trajectories and future COPD risk: a prospective cohort study from the first to the sixth decade of life.Lancet Respir. Med. 2018; 6: 535-544https://doi.org/10.1016/S2213-2600(18)30100-0
- Asthma is a risk factor for respiratory exacerbations without increased rate of lung function decline: five-year follow-up in adult smokers from the COPDGene study.Chest. 2018; 153: 368-377https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chest.2017.11.038
- Longitudinal association of body mass index with lung function: the CARDIA study.Respir. Res. 2008; 9: 31https://doi.org/10.1186/1465-9921-9-31
- Body mass index and weight change are associated with adult lung function trajectories: the prospective ECRHS study.Thorax. 2020; 75: 313-320https://doi.org/10.1136/thoraxjnl-2019-213880
- Clinical Pulmonary Functions Committee of the Japanese Respiratory Society, Reference values for spirometry, including vital capacity, in Japanese adults calculated with the LMS method and compared with previous values.Respir. Investig. 2014; 52: 242-250https://doi.org/10.1016/j.resinv.2014.03.003
- Prevalence, characteristics, and prognosis of early chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. The Copenhagen general population study.Am. J. Respir. Crit. Care Med. 2020; 201: 671-680https://doi.org/10.1164/rccm.201908-1644OC
- Characteristics and prevalence of early chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in a middle-aged population: results from a nationwide-representative sample.Int. J. Chronic Obstr. Pulm. Dis. 2021; 16: 3083-3091https://doi.org/10.2147/copd.S338118
- Body weight and weight gain related to pulmonary function decline in adults: a six year follow up study.Thorax. 1993; 48: 375-380https://doi.org/10.1136/thx.48.4.375
- Changes in obesity status and lung function decline in a general population sample.Respir. Med. 2008; 102: 674-680https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rmed.2007.12.022
- Longitudinal changes of body mass index, spirometry and diffusion in a general population.Eur. Respir. J. 2002; 20: 665-673https://doi.org/10.1183/09031936.02.01282001
- Leisure-time physical activity and ischemic stroke risk: the Northern Manhattan stroke study.Stroke. 1998; 29: 380-387https://doi.org/10.1161/01.str.29.2.380
- Physical activity and exercise recommendations for stroke survivors: an American heart association scientific statement from the council on clinical cardiology, subcommittee on exercise, cardiac rehabilitation, and prevention; the council on cardiovascular nursing; the council on nutrition, physical activity, and metabolism; and the stroke council.Stroke. 2004; 35: 1230-1240https://doi.org/10.1161/01.Str.0000127303.19261.19
- World Health Organization, Geneva2010: 7-57 Global Recommendations on Physical Activity for Health.
- Association of physical activity with all-cause and cardiovascular mortality: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Eur. J. Cardiovasc. Prev. Rehabil. 2008; 15: 239-246https://doi.org/10.1097/HJR.0b013e3282f55e09
- Influence of asthma onset on airway dimensions on ultra-high-resolution computed tomography in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.J. Thorac. Imag. 2021; 36: 224-230https://doi.org/10.1097/RTI.0000000000000568
- The association between childhood asthma and adult chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.Thorax. 2014; 69: 805-810https://doi.org/10.1136/thoraxjnl-2013-204815
- Accelerated decline in lung function in adults with a history of remitted childhood asthma.Eur. Respir. J. 2022; 592100305https://doi.org/10.1183/13993003.00305-2021
- Slowing the deterioration of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease observed during bronchodilator therapy by adding inhaled corticosteroids. A 4-year prospective study.Ann. Intern. Med. 1993; 118: 770-778https://doi.org/10.7326/0003-4819-118-10-199305150-00003
- Importance of early COPD in young adults for development of clinical COPD: findings from the Copenhagen general population study.Am. J. Respir. Crit. Care Med. 2021; 203: 1245-1256https://doi.org/10.1164/rccm.202003-0532OC
- Treatment trials in young patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and pre-chronic obstructive pulmonary disease patients: time to move forward.Am. J. Respir. Crit. Care Med. 2022; 205: 275-287https://doi.org/10.1164/rccm.202107-1663SO
- The natural history of chronic airflow obstruction revisited: an analysis of the Framingham offspring cohort.Am. J. Respir. Crit. Care Med. 2009; 180: 3-10https://doi.org/10.1164/rccm.200901-0047OC
- The natural history of chronic airflow obstruction.Br. Med. J. 1977; 1: 1645-1648https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.1.6077.1645