- •A remarkably high number of patients with IPF receive reduced antifibrotic treatment.
- •Low antifibrotic treatment adherence in IPF despite best-case scenario conditions.
- •Antifibrotics seem superior in improving survival in IPF.
- •Survival benefits of antifibrotics remain even after treatment reduction in IPF.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis in US Medicare beneficiaries aged 65 years and older: incidence, prevalence, and survival, 2001-11.Lancet Respir. Med. 2014 Jul; 2: 566-572
- Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis: diagnosis and treatment. International consensus statement. American Thoracic Society (ATS), and the European Respiratory Society (ERS).Am. J. Respir. Crit. Care Med. 2000 Feb; 161: 646-664
EMA. Esbriet | European Medicines Agency [Internet]. [cited 2021 Mar 14]. Available from:.https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/medicines/human/EPAR/esbriet.
EMA. Ofev | European Medicines Agency [Internet]. [cited 2021 Mar 14]. Available from:.https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/medicines/human/EPAR/ofev#authorisation-details-section.
- Real-life comparison of pirfenidone and nintedanib in patients with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis: a 24-month assessment.Respir. Med. 2019 Nov 1; 159105803
- Clinical effectiveness of antifibrotic medications for idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis.Am. J. Respir. Crit. Care Med. 2019; 200: 168-174
- Effect of pirfenidone on mortality: pooled analyses and meta-analyses of clinical trials in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis.Lancet Respir. Med. 2017; 5: 33-41
- Pirfenidone improves survival in IPF: results from a real-life study.BMC Pulm. Med. 2018; 18: 1-7
Noble PW, Albera C, Bradford WZ, Costabel U, Glassberg MK, Kardatzke D, et al. Pirfenidone in patients with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (CAPACITY): two randomised trials. Lancet [Internet]. 2011 May 21 [cited 2021 Mar 13];377(9779):1760–9. Available from: https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(11)60405-4.
Lancaster L, Crestani B, Hernandez P, Inoue Y, Wachtlin D, Loaiza L, et al. Safety and survival data in patients with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis treated with nintedanib: pooled data from six clinical trials. Available from:.http://bmjopenrespres.bmj.com/.
- Efficacy and safety of nintedanib in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis.N. Engl. J. Med. 2014 May 29; 370: 2071-2082
Antoniou K, Markopoulou K, Tzouvelekis A, Trachalaki A, Vasarmidi E, Organtzis J, et al. Efficacy and safety of nintedanib in a Greek multicentre idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis registry: a retrospective, observational, cohort study. Available from: https://doi.org/10.1183/23120541.00172-2019].
Wuyts WA, Dahlqvist C, Slabbynck H, Schlesser M, Gusbin N, Compere C, et al. Longitudinal clinical outcomes in a real-world population of patients with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis: the PROOF registry. Available from:.https://doi.org/10.1186/s12931-019-1182-z.
- Best tolerated dose of Pirfenidone in patients with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis.([Internet])in: European Respiratory Journal. European Respiratory Society (ERS), 2019 ([cited 2021 Apr 5]. p. PA4707. Available from:)
- Association of low body surface area with dose reduction and/or discontinuation of nintedanib in patients with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis: a pilot study.Sarcoidosis, Vasc Diffus lung Dis Off J WASOG. 2019; 36: 74-78
- Efficacy of low dose pirfenidone in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis: real world experience from a tertiary university hospital.Sci. Rep. 2020 Dec 1; 10
- Early clinical experiences with nintedanib in three UK tertiary interstitial lung disease centres.Clin. Transl. Med. 2017; 6: 41
- Insights from the German compassionate use program of nintedanib for the treatment of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis.Respiration. 2016; 92: 98-106
- Risk factors for diagnostic delay in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis.Respir. Res. 2019 May; 20: 103
- An Official ATS/ERS/JRS/ALAT Statement: idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis: evidence-based guidelines for diagnosis and management.Am. J. Respir. Crit. Care Med. 2011; 183: 788-824
- Diagnosis of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis an Official ATS/ERS/JRS/ALAT Clinical practice guideline.Am. J. Respir. Crit. Care Med. 2018 Sep 1; 198: e44-e68
- Efficacy of a Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitor in Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis. vol. 12. 2011 (n engl j med)
- Nintedanib in progressive fibrosing interstitial lung diseases.N. Engl. J. Med. 2019 Oct; 381: 1718-1727
- Nintedanib for systemic sclerosis-associated interstitial lung disease.N. Engl. J. Med. 2019 Jun 27; 380: 2518-2528
- Staging of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis: past, present and future.Eur. Respir. Rev. 2014; 23: 220-224