- •Palliative care referrals for patients with PAH described in a national registry.
- •Patients with PAH are referred infrequently and late to palliative care.
- •Age, BMI, oxygen, parenteral prostanoid, SF-12 correlated with referral.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Moving beyond stigma - are concurrent palliative care and management of pulmonary arterial hypertension irreconcilable or future best practice?: pulmonary hypertension reviews: Perspective.Int. J. Clin. Pract. 2012; 66: 2-4
- A rare opportunity in a rare disease.Adv Pulm Hypertens. 2018; 16: 175-178
- Palliative care issues in pulmonary arterial hypertension #367.J. Palliat. Med. 2019; 22: 220-222
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension: a palliative medicine review of the disease, its therapies, and drug interactions.J. Pain Symptom Manag. 2020; 59: 932-943
- Prevalence of mental disorders and impact on quality of life in patients with pulmonary arterial hypertension.Front. Psychiatr. 2021; 12667602
- Health disparities and differences in health-care-utilization in patients with pulmonary arterial hypertension.Front. Psychiatr. 2022; 13813506
- Depressive symptoms in pulmonary arterial hypertension: prevalence and association with functional status.Psychosomatics. 2010; 51 (339-339.e8)
- Psychosocial aspects of pulmonary hypertension: a review.Psychosomatics. 2007; 48: 467-475
- Understanding the impact of pulmonary arterial hypertension on patients' and carers' lives.Eur. Respir. Rev. 2013; 22: 535-542
- The impact and financial burden of pulmonary arterial hypertension on patients and caregivers: results from a national survey.Medicine (Baltim.). 2017; 96e6783
- Management of prostacyclin side effects in adult patients with pulmonary arterial hypertension.Pulm. Circ. 2017; 7: 598-608
- Palliative care in pulmonary arterial hypertension: an underutilised treatment.Eur. Respir. Rev. 2018; 27180069
- The end-of-life experience for a cohort of patients with pulmonary arterial hypertension.J. Palliat. Med. 2012; 15: 1065-1070
- Palliative care in heart failure: the PAL-HF randomized, controlled clinical trial.J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2017; 70: 331-341
- Palliative care consultation reduces heart failure transitions: a matched analysis.J. Am. Heart Assoc. 2020; 9
- Social worker–aided palliative care intervention in high-risk patients with heart failure (SWAP-HF): a pilot randomized clinical trial.JAMA Cardiol. 2018; 3: 516
- Palliative care in pulmonary arterial hypertension.Curr. Opin. Support. Palliat. Care. 2017; 11: 7-11
- Inpatient palliative care use in patients with pulmonary arterial hypertension.Chest. 2020; 158: 2568-2578
- Symptom burden, quality of life, and attitudes toward palliative care in patients with pulmonary arterial hypertension: results from a cross-sectional patient survey.J. Heart Lung Transplant. 2012; 31: 1102-1108
- Physician attitudes toward palliative care for patients with pulmonary arterial hypertension: results of a cross-sectional survey.Pulm. Circ. 2014; 4: 504-510
- Therapy for pulmonary arterial hypertension in adults.Chest. 2019; 155: 565-586
- The pulmonary hypertension association registry: rationale, design, and role in quality improvement.Adv Pulm Hypertens. 2018; 16: 185-188
- Etiology of pain and its association with quality of life among patients with heart failure.J. Palliat. Med. 2016; 19: 1254-1259
- Prevalence and characteristics of patients with heart failure needing palliative care.BMC Palliat. Care. 2021; 20: 184
- Perceptions of need for palliative care in recently hospitalized patients with systolic heart failure.J. Pain Symptom Manag. 2021; 62: 1252-1261
- emPHasis-10: development of a health-related quality of life measure in pulmonary hypertension.Eur. Respir. J. 2014; 43: 1106-1113
- EmPHasis-10 health-related quality of life score predicts outcomes in patients with idiopathic and connective tissue disease-associated pulmonary arterial hypertension: results from a UK multicentre study.Eur. Respir. J. 2021; 572000124
- Do not over (P) value your research article.JAMA Cardiol. 2016; 1: 1055
- New guidelines for statistical reporting in the journal.N. Engl. J. Med. 2019; 381: 285-286
- Access to palliative care among patients treated at a comprehensive cancer center.Oncol. 2012; 17: 1574-1580
- Effectiveness of a home-based palliative care program for end-of-life.J. Palliat. Med. 2003; 6: 715-724
- Early palliative care for patients with metastatic non–small-cell lung cancer.N. Engl. J. Med. 2010; 363: 733-742
- The costs of waiting: implications of the timing of palliative care consultation among a cohort of decedents at a comprehensive cancer center.J. Palliat. Med. 2016; 19: 69-75
- Timing of palliative care referral before and after evidence from trials supporting early palliative care.Oncol. 2021; 26: 332-340
- Moving upstream: a review of the evidence of the impact of outpatient palliative care.J. Palliat. Med. 2013; 16: 1540-1549
- Outpatient palliative care in heart failure: an integrative review.J. Palliat. Med. 2020; 23: 1257-1269
Barnes H, Yeoh HL, Fothergill T, Burns A, Humbert M, Williams T. Prostacyclin for pulmonary arterial hypertension. Cochrane Airways Group, ed. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. Published online May 1, 2019.
- A 12-item short-form health survey: construction of scales and preliminary tests of reliability and validity.Med Care. 1996; 34: 220-233
- Health-related quality of life and survival in pulmonary arterial hypertension.Ann Am Thorac Soc. 2016; 13: 31-39
- Palliative care and pulmonary arterial hypertension.Adv Pulm Hypertens. 2022; 21: 7-11
- Public perceptions of advance care planning, palliative care, and hospice: a scoping review.J. Palliat. Med. 2021; 24: 46-52